The baby shower was very nicely done. Summer's MIL, SIL, mom and friend all did a great job in organizing and decorating. Lots of Summer's family and friends were able to attend, and I even got to chat with a mutual friend of ours from St. Peter whom I haven't seen since we graduated! Summer and Reid were very lucky to receive lots of wonderful gifts for the baby. They are well on their way to being prepared for baby's arrival!
St. Peter Alums - Suzanne, Summer & Lisa
Belly Measure Game
Mmmm...Cake!
That evening we hung out at the house and had a fun time talking and laughing with Summer's family. Sunday morning I got to sleep in (YAY!) and then spent a lovely lazy afternoon with Summer and Reid talking about all matter of things. We finally decided to get cleaned up and enjoyed a late lunch at TGI Friday's. Before we knew it, it was time for me to head back to the airport to catch my flight home.
One of the most exciting things of the weekend was Summer asking Brian and me to be the baby's Godparents! I am SO excited and honored that she and Reid have chosen us. Summer has been such a wonderful Godmother to Caiden, and I can't wait to do the same for their baby. We will be heading back out to the Midwest in early June for the baby's baptism. Woo hoo!! :D
I wished I could've stayed longer as the time just flew by! I really enjoy my visits with Summer and Reid and can't wait til we're all living closer!
1 comment:
Do you remember that I really wanted a picture of just the two of us for our baking blog? Well, we totally forgot to take one! I guess we'll have to do it June.
Thanks for coming to visit! It was soooo much fun to see you. I agree - I can't wait until you live closer (like just down the street - hee hee!)
Post a Comment