Yay for best friends! :) I am having the best time hanging out with Summer here in MN! Of course I miss my boys back home, but I am handling it way better than I thought I would. Caiden is being a good little boy for B, and he found a way to tell B this morning that he misses me. He strung together the signs for
all done,
bye bye and
milk which B interpreted to mean that he is finished with me being gone and wants me home. Aw - my sweet, smart little guy!
Summer and I have been keeping plenty busy here! I flew in Friday afternoon and enjoyed riding in first class. I sat next to a really nice woman and we chatted for almost the entire flight! She lives in Alaska and is a meteorologist. It was fascinating to learn about the work she does and hear about life in Alaska!
View of Mt. Rainier while in flight

Summer met me at the airport and brought Sammy along for the occasion. Sammy is her adorable little puppy who I had only seen pictures of up to this point. He is the happiest and sweetest little dog, and I got to snuggle him the whole trip back to their house! Speaking of her house, I finally got to see it! They've lived here for a little over a year already. I absolutely love everything they've done to it so far. It's also in a great location - close to the city, airport, walking distance to parks, the library and pool! (Yes - I am super envious!) I can see Summer, Reid and their family to be all being very happy living here for years to come.
Sammy

Later Friday afternoon we decided some pampering was in order and treated ourselves to a mani/pedi. My fingers and toes are so much happier! We came home and enjoyed a delicious home cooked meal and then met Summer's friends to see the movie Julie & Julia. I really enjoyed the movie and just love both Meryl Streep and Amy Adams! They are such great actresses!
Today has been a great day so far too. For the first time in 16 months I enjoyed - no,
savored, 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep! Heaven!!!! Summer had promised me that I could sleep in as late as I want. She knows me so well! :)

We enjoyed our afternoon at the Renaissance Faire and lucked out with perfect weather! It was so nice to go to an actual REAL faire and not the lame 3 weekend ones that WA offers. I've really missed the Bristol Faire, and the MN faire is even bigger and better! I managed to not break the bank and walked out with only a full tummy and cool pair of earrings. My Utilikilt also drew some attention which is always fun. :) Tonight we are going to a Thai restaurant for dinner and then will be playing some Wii. Yay!
Yes, that is a turtle!
Summer and Me
No comments:
Post a Comment