Pages

Friday, August 21, 2009

First Weekend Away

I am headed to Minneapolis to visit my best friend Summer today! I am very excited to be spending the whole weekend with her! I haven't made a trip out to MN in way too long, and I am very much looking forward to girl time, meeting her dog Sammy, touring her house and having what I know is going to be an excellent time!

Of course, I'm also dealing with conflicting feelings of missing Caiden and Brian. This is the first time I'll have been away from Caiden for longer than a few hours. I'm worried that he'll miss me or forget about me or that this will cause him to forget about nursing anymore. I kept telling him all day on Thursday that I'll miss him and how much I love him.

It's hard dealing with these feelings. I'm trying to keep my irrational fears in check while looking forward to a much needed break (and the opportunity to sleep in for the first time since before Caiden was born!!). I know this will be a great chance for Brian and Caiden to enjoy some father/son bonding, but I know I'll miss them both terribly. It's good there is such a thing as video conferencing!

At least Summer did promise that I could cradle Sammy when I started missing Caiden extra badly. :)

1 comment:

Brian said...

Ahem! This will not be the first time you've been able to sleep in 16 months, my dear :)

You've many a time taken an extra few hours napping after C's initial wake-up for nursing.

Of course he won't be there to wake you, but I'm sure you'll still wake up around 7:30am PST...